Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day

Well today was my first day in the field, as a second grade "pre-service" teacher as they call us. First off the teacher I have is great! I think we are going to get along just great (at least I hope)! I have 25 children, most names it took me awhile to learn how to pronounce, I have two that are going to be a handful! Today being my first day we had to get the principal to help with one child, and another child punched someone in the bathroom. What a way to start, I know! The kids are great thought, they had trouble saying my last name, and wanted to call me Miss G I was like lets just keep working on the last name, I'm sure you can get it! Oh and the other day my teacher was like there a few of you who I'm going to have to go Friday that I feel are ready to go. Well he asked me today to go Friday. I was like um sure yeah I can, on the inside I was freaking! It is my second day in the field, I don't know the kids names how in the world am I going to do this! But anyway I was really glad he asked me to go!

Oh, another thing, the school I'm working in is like something out of Harry Potter, no there isn't witch craft stuff going on or things flying. There are stairs EVERYWHERE! Sometimes it feels like they are moving on you, they just are everywhere you turn. Oh well, I'll learn where I'm going in the building sooner or later!

No comments: